Friday, May 13, 2011

More Tinfoil Painting

I had so much fun with my tinfoil wreath that I've been trying this technique on other things.

Here's my bird house...though it's a little plain in front, and I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to add to it.


I love the texture!

Looks like crackle paint, doesn't it? And it's soooo much cheaper!
I think the trick in making it look aged and crackled is using the Ranger Heat It Craft Tool; when I use it, it makes more of a crackle texture.

Here's a little wall hanging I did using the tinfoil paint technique over a piece of cardboard from a pasta package. Then I painted some corrugated cardboard and glued the two together.


Linking up to my link party: The Sunburnt Cow, as well as these great link parties:

A Creative Princess
At Home with K
Beyond the Picket Fence
Blue Cricket Design
Cherished Bliss
Cherished Treasures
Christina's Adventures
Coastal Charm
C.R.A.F.T.
Craft Goodies
Craftomaniac
Crafty Geordi
Creation Corner
DebbieDoos Newbie Party
Elements Interiors
Fireflies and Jellybeans
Flamingo Toes
The Frugal Girls
Green Door Designs
I Heart Naptime
I Am Along for the Ride
It's a Crafty Life
Lil Luna
Me Making Do
Momnivore's Dilemma
Night Owl Crafting
Paisley Passions
Passionately Artistic
Pinkapotamus
Running with Glitter
Santa's Gift Shoppe
Sarahndipities
Sassy Sites
Sew Much Ado
The Shabby Chic Cottage
Simply Designing
Singing Three Little Birds
SugarBee Crafts
Super Stinky Boys
Tales from Bloggeritaville
The Tattered Tag
The Thrifty Home
Thrifty 101
Under the Table and Dreaming
Very Merry Vintage Style
Wildflowers and Whimsy
Young Nester

13 comments:

  1. That is really cute. I have never seen anything like it. Thanks for sharing at my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks pretty neat. I have to go read your other post, i am not so sure what this tin foil painting is. It sure looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are soo adorable! I just adore the wall hanging with the vintage girl! So sweet! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party! Can't wait to see what you share next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love birdhouses. Yours are so adorable! The tinfoil looks so good. Thanks for the how-to tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that. I have not seen that technique before, I will have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like seeing another version of this technique--so pretty! Thanks so much for linking to my Share the Love Link Party!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neat! This really creates a very unique texture! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea!

    Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Saturday!! Your tinfoil painting is so clever & the textures are really cool! Thanks bunches for linking to my K.I.S.S. blog bash last Sunday, can't wait to see what you share tomorrow.

    ~Christina~

    Drop By The Tattered Tag

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that birdhouse! I love the contrast between the foil painted parts and the front of the house. That wall hanging is super cute too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that...it really does look like crackle paint! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on the tinfoil painting. I would of had no idea! Thanks so much for linking up to Terrific Under Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so great! Thanks for sharing at Make Something Monday!!

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete